Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tuesdays Stink

Today didn't really start with a bang either. Abi has been sick for the last 5 days, throwing up everyday, is having bowel problems (not bough Debra), and has a moderate fever. Boy has she been a crank. The weird thing is that every one else has been fine. Anyway, Abi slept in this morning, in spite of the girls jumping on the bed right next to her in fits of screaming laughter. I was downstairs putting the laundry in and the girls start yelling "Mom Abi threw up three times on her hand and her pillow." The proceeded to tell me that they didn't give her the throw up bowl that has become her personal accessory because Abi was between them and it and they didn't want to get near her because it smells bad. So I change Abi, put the whole pillow in the laundry room to be washed (see maybe I should have put off doing laundry, then I would have been able to throw it in the wash right away instead of it making my bathroom smell), and go wash my hands. I was bringing Abi downstairs to eat breakfast and she said to me "I want to go to Disneyland." That made me smile. She asked to get into the stroller, which is currently outside being rained on and I told her so. She asked if she could ride her toy train and I told her she could. She got on it and then said, "Push me to Disneyland."

Things I didn't like this week
~Abi throwing up all the time, particularly on the way to or from dropping Scout off at school. It's hard to drive and try to hold a throw up bowl for her. It ends up that only about half of it actually gets in the bowl, the other half all over her and the car seat.
~Not being able to do anything all week because Abi wants to be held constantly. It's nice for a little while but after a few hours and 5 days I really have other things to do.
~The mail losing our paycheck, which is now 12 days overdue and Jared has been so slammed at work that he can't get over to the office to get another one reissued.
~Scout's song "Mommy is so rude"
~The dog we got from Alisha breaking the crate and ransacking the upstairs, chewing and breaking a big piece of my cedar chess off and ripping the carpet up in Scout's room so we are that much farther from ever being able to move. We sent him back.
~Jared being stress out at work and us both taking our stresses out on each other.

Things I have discovered this week
~Murphy is turning out to be an excellent dog in his middle age. He no longer pulls you off your feet to get to other people or dogs. We can have people over to our house without any problems from him. He respects the line of not going upstairs and has never ruined anything in our house.
~It's easier to keep the books cleaned up in the girls room when you have a book shelf.
~We will probably be living here for another three years.
~If you miss your kid's birthday, it's hard to find a day to make it up.

Things I enjoyed this week
~Mom watching the two girls while Jared and I went to Ikea with Abi, although I didn't enjoy her puking twice while we were there.
~Having the two girls rooms clean and the bunk beds separated.
~Getting the tax rebate to cover our check till we get another one and also to pay for getting the carpet replaced. That's a mixed enjoy thing, I am glad we have it for that because I don't know how we would cover it otherwise, but we were hoping to get things paid off with it, so it's pretty much that we just didn't get anything.
~Cuddling with Abi.

Things I am looking forward to this week
~Having a night out on Friday.
~Going to see Indiana Jones on Saturday.
~My book club getting together on Saturday.
~No school or work on Monday.
~BBQ at Amy's on Monday (I hope it's good weather)
~Hopefully Abi getting over being sick.
~My house not smelling like throw up anymore.

11 comments:

Melissa Kay said...

Well, here goes:

Things I enjoyed this week:

This blog!

This blog reminding me why I do NOT have kids! :-)

THINKING about going to Ikea - the nearest one is 5 hours away.

Thinking about the trip my mom & I have planned to go visit my ailing grandmother this weekend.

Getting caught up at work momentarily!

I hope the puking stops soon. Once, my dog puked & poo'd all over the front porch. And when I say all over, I MEAN all over...

Roberts said...

Hey, It does get better when they are older. My kids don't get sick anymore. It has been years since we have had the pukes at our house. If they do get it, they don't get it all over. I guess there are some advantages to my age. I remember how little kids get sick so much easier. Is she teething? I heard some kids get sick when they are growing in teeth. Mine never did but some do.

Brittney said...

No, we think she has a kidney or urinary tract infection. We took her to the instacare and they are doing some tests to find out for sure so they can treat it.

Amy said...

uh oh...it sounded like an infection to me. Good news is they can clear that up with medication pretty quick. I love your blog. It is the down and dirty, nitty gritty REAL life!

Jared said...

Melissa, you commented! Welcome!

There is plenty of good to outweigh the puking, just so you know. For example "Daddy!" and hugs when I come home from work. That's the best thing ever.

The doctor last night said he was going to culture her sample and we would know in a couple days whether it's an infection.

Brittney said...

She does seem to be doing much better today, but she usually throws up around noon, so I can't say for sure.

Angela said...

Ewan is finally feeling a little bette. He had croup and now has an ear infection but I have lost my voice and my throat is killing me. The other three kids are caughing and having leaky "bogey" eyes. I hear a lot of people are sick right now. Why did you get a dog from Alisha (and what one) and how are you sending him back?

Lady Carolyn said...

that is a stinky Tuesday. I hope things get better soon. :)

Debra Goodey said...

I enjoyed reading this blog post. I laughed right out loud a few times. Especially about the bowel/bough thing. It sounds like a crappy week. I'm sorry I skipped out on scrapbooking on Friday. I can't wait to see everyone at Amy's tomorrow. I am glad it's Sunday and I don't have to work on the house, and I can catch up on blogging.

Brittney said...

Alisha had too many dogs and the one was going to have puppies, so she was getting rid of two or three of them. Jared really liked Box Top and I didn't mind him. He was 11 months old and around us he was a great dog so we decided to take him home. Even at home with Murphy he was a good dog when we were around but when we left he freaked out. He managed to break the metal door on the crate and get out and ransacked the whole upstairs, chewed off the corner of my cedar chess, pulled everything out of the closets, and in Scout's room he knocked the door shut and then freaked out. The room looked like on the movies when someone comes and ransacks the room. Everything was on the floor. Everything from the closet, he knocked over the art bins and pulled everything out of them, and he ripped the carpet and pad up to little shreds in a 4 foot square area neer the door, including managing to get some of the hall so we have to replace not just the carpet in Scout's room but in the hall too, which will look funny if we don't do the other two rooms, so now we have to replace all our carpet.

Richard and Carrie went to Vegas for their anniversary and took him back. (Thanks again.)

Lady Carolyn said...

It wasn't any trouble at all. You are totally welcome. Its too bad he was such a pill when left alone. He was so cute. I don't even want pets and considered finding a way to keep him. LOL Thank heavens for rental agreements. I only like dogs for a little while and when they aren't hyper. that was like babysitting the one time a child behaves themselves. And then you have one... JJ