I'm writing this from my cell phone so I hope it works. I haven't been able to get actual internet access from the hotel yet.
It's been an interesting start to our trip. We had an uneventful drive, with an equally uneventful stopover in mesquite. Thursday we spent several hours in the park and had a great time even though it was a little busy. It's great to be back here.
Thursday night things got interesting. Abi started throwing up in the middle of the night every half an hour until morning. Everybody else woke up feeling fine, but about an hour later Grace threw up twice. We waited around for awhile but the puking didn't resume so we headed over to the park, assuming it must've been some mild food poisoning or something.
About three hours later Abi decorated herself, Brittney and the inside of the Monsters, Inc. ride cab with strawberry gogurt enhanced gogurgitation.
Brittney bought her and Abi some new clothes and we kept on trucking.
No more puking after that yesterday.
Today we had a great time at the beach, then when we got back to the hotel this evening Scout started complaining that her stomach hurt. About an hour later she started in with the upchuckage. During her fifth round Abi, Pukemaster General of our little vomit brigade, suddenly sat up and threw up all over the bed.
So after a call to housekeeping for new bedding, and getting everyone to sleep, I am now keeping watch at midnight with bucket at the ready. Abi has tossed her proverbial cookies several times now tonight, casting doubt on our theory that it was a fast moving bug that only lasts about 12 hours.
So now my question is, who out there has puking kids? Who got us sick before our trip? Come on now. Fess up.
By the way, it hasn't been all nastiness. We have some great pictures and video to post once I can get the computer online as opposed to just my cell.
Highlights have included Grace nearly tackling Mickey when she saw him, Scout and Grace riding Gadget's go coaster with each other in their own car (awesome video!) and Scout watching the electrical parade in a state of pure joy.
Keep your fingers crossed that the sickness goes away soon so we can enjoy the rest of our trip.
9 comments:
awwww :( I'm sorry Jared! Ummmm, have you ever thought that maybe they could have picked it up at school or church. Sheesh, always blaming us! ;)
Oh know, that sucks to be sick, but at least you are at the happiest place on Earth. Our kids have been fine, not even a sniffle. I hope you and Brittney don't get it. Have fun, we have been thinking of you lots. Justin thinks it isn't fair that Scout and Grace are at Disneyland and he's not.
The Disneyland Curse strikes again. I hope you recover from this sickness and make it back okay. But if not, can we keep your car?
Ewww... we always get sick on trips, i hate that. But we aren't now. and i appreciate the help in getting me less envious of your trip. :)
hang in there. the rest of the trip will seem that much more fun in comparison when everyone gets to feeling better.
You always need a sick story to tell while at Disneyland. There is a great clinic on Katela. Funny now, but not then. We are all fine so you didn't catch it from us. Hope the rest of your trip is great.
I just realized that IF something were to happen to you guys down there, how big of a jerk I'll sound like.
Just think of it this way: Is there anyplace in the world you'd rather be sick at than Disneyland? Sick people all over the world envy you right now.
Hey, I checked your blog looking for more fun details of your trip. Get posting!
Brett - you are a dork!!!
Sorry!
We've been too busy having fun to post!
Abi threw up one more time at 4am the day after my last post, but other than that we have been puke-free.
Expect massive photo and video posts in the next few days.
We're off to the Tiki Room!
So looking forward to our trip to the Tiki Room. You should hide something there for us. I'm still waiting for our own plague to hit us as we enter the gates there.(this is erik)
Post a Comment