Sometimes I wonder how my day would have gone differently if I had said my prayers after waking up and then actually tried to follow the Savior's example.
I wouldn't have tried to convince my 4 year old that pickles are a great breakfast when you are hungry, just because I didn't want to make her anything to eat.
I wouldn't have yelled at my little boy to go away so I could get some cleaning done when he just, as he puts it "want my mommies." Plus, when he did go away, I didn't clean.
I also would have taken the 5 minutes to repost the food assignments for an upcoming craft weekend after a friend requested it be reposted. Instead, I told her no because I didn't want to take the time and everyone is smart enough to look back themselves and figure it out. Then I spent the next 10 minutes reading people's post of how I really am not a jerk, I just come off that way.
One thing is for sure, I wouldn't have yelled out the door at my loving, great husband that he was being a real jerk this morning. A little ironic, huh?
2 comments:
We love you Brittney. We all have days where we feel like a jerk. No one was saying you come off that way. We were trying to avoid more drama from the scrappers and explain how awesome you are. Even the best moms have bad mom days. It's like a bad hair day but you get judged more harshly for it and mostly by yourself. You are a good mom.
you must not have read it right. it didn't sound like you came out to be a jerk. it just sounded like a bunch of people sticking up for you and saying how much they love you and your honesty.
Post a Comment