Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Something About Me

I love having a two year old. Everything they do makes me smile, even if its not something I want her to do. It has been this way with all three of my girls. It is also the reason I know I am not done having kids; I'm not ready to spend the rest of my life without having my very own two year old. The hardest part is looking back. I love Abi in this age and want to remember everything she does, but I know I won't. I remember very little of Scout at this age and practically nothing of Grace, like she jumped over it without me. Thank goodness for flip cameras, right? Abi loves playing with it and I have a hard time getting rid of any of the video she has "filmed."

In hopes of remembering my little two year old, here are some things my girls have done at two that I love and that I realize I really don't like my older girls to do.

  • climb all over my lap
  • climb from one chair to another to get on my lap
  • ignore me because she has rediscovered a toy
  • unique dressing styles (Scout, Abi's choice of clothes to run through the sprinklers with)
  • keep her face 2 inches from mine for extended periods of time to get as many kisses in as possible (Grace)
  • constantly hug and cuddle me
  • ask to sing the same song 10 times in a row while driving
  • talk incessantly
  • drawing all over herself (Scout, Abi who drew on herself with the bath crayons)
  • crack nuts and leave the shells all over her lap, the table, the floor, etc
  • use her hand to "lick" the second 1/2 of the frosting out of the container
  • find her eating the powdered sugar or brown sugar in the food storage closet (this is Scout, but my other two have done it also)
  • stay up till 11pm with me
  • being to stubborn to let me show her how to do something (Grace trying to make the hanger be an ear ring)
  • "sharing" food with the dog (Scout sharing milk with Jack)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm the same way with two year olds. It is hard to be mad at them. I would definately call it the terrible threes, not the terrible twos. Those are adorable pictures.

Debra Goodey said...

I agree, it should be called terrific twos not terrible twos. Joshua is a few months away from being two and he does and says the cutest little things. I love looking at the pictures of Scout and Grace at 2. Wow, how time flies.